Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Cycle 1 (grades 1 & 2) 1st week of November

picture: http://www.moneymagpie.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/november.png 

First of all, sorry for not posting in the last few weeks, October was very busy!

To sum up what we did, I would say to we reviewed the alphabet + colours and practiced the ''5 Little Pumpkins Sitting on a Gate''. We had to put the story back in order. We also had to match the text with the pictures.

To review the alphabet, I'm reposting the song we sing in class.

ABCs

For November, we just started a new theme on Classroom Vocabulary.
Here is a short video we watched and sang in class (thanks to a colleague for sharing it wih me).

School Song

I also found a great website for studying vocabulary. I just made the list of words we have seen in class.

Try it out here: Study Classroom Vocabulary

I also showed them a song I would like them to learn before Christmas Holidays about a little snowflake falling from the sky. Little Snowflake

Coming:

- Prepositions
The Wheels on the Bus - Pete the Cat

Homework:

I ask students to :

1. Watch English TV (or videos found on the Net)
2. Listen to English Music
3. Play English Video Games.

They can choose 1, 2 or 3.

Have a great November!




No comments:

Post a Comment